OMG fritters are my favourite! The ability to just chop up any veg on hand and throw it together and call it a meal is my type of favourite! I’m on the vegan train lately and so have been avoiding fritters, what will hold them together if you don’t use egg? Well, here we go! If you don’t mind the egg, you can check out my zucchini carrot fritter recipe.
Zucchini Corn Fritters
Quick and easy
-3 corn on the cobs, or 1 can of corn
-2 medium zucchini, grated and water squeezed out
-1 small white onion, chopped
-2 cloves of garlic, minced
-1/2 cup of flour
-dash of salt
-oil for cooking
- Cook the corn on the cobs (I microwaved mine on a plate of water for 4 minutes), cut of the kernels and set aside
- Grate zucchini, wring/squeeze out excess water. I put it all in a tea towel and give a good squeeze over the sink.
- Chop the onion and garlic
- Combine the garlic, onion, zucchini and corn in a large bowl.
- Separate out ¼ of the mixture and blend it up to a nice paste consistency
- Return blended mixture to bowl, add in the flour and salt. Mix until all the flour is absorbed in the mixture.
- Heat skillet to medium/high heat, scoop mixture into patty sized blobs, flatten out. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until nice and brown
Serve fresh, I topped mine with my Cilantro Cashew Creamy Dip and chopped cherry tomatoes.