Soup-ity-do-da! Soup-ity-day! My oh my what a wonderful day!
We’ve gotten pretty into the soups over here lately, to the point where I am have set a one soup a week limit because I need variety.
Today’s soup was all orange- pumpkin, carrot and kumara (sweet potato for you Americans) and oh-so easy to make! I always get too excited when preppering for the slow cooker and prepare WAY too many veggies, this time almost two times too much! So I grabbed a freezer bag and loaded it up with the extras, will use it to make our soup next week – win win!
Just chop, peel, chop, plop it in the slow cooker & wait!
Crockpot Pumpkin Soup
Quick and easy customizable soup
- 1/2 small pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 kumara (sweet potato), chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 table spoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons tumeric
- 250ml veggie stock
- 1 can coconut milk or cream
- Dash of chilli powder
- Juice of one lime, or a good squirt of lime concentrate
- Salt to taste
You can mix up the veggies, I found butternut is a great squash to use in this soup. I’ve added in capsicum (bell pepper), red onion. Use what you have on hand, Just make sure you have a good liquid to veggie ratio (1:2) or the soup will be too think.
- Chop and slice all the veggies and toss in the crock pot
- Pour in the coconut milk and veggie stock, add water to cover the top of the veggies if needed.
- Set the slowcooker on high for 3-5 hours, stir occassionally.
- Once the veggies are soft, blend in the blender or with a stick blender if you have one.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds, sour cream or any fresh herbs. 4. Serve hot with a crusty roll or side of your choice.