I Love me some slow cooker EVERYTHING! In our house if it’s not easy, then it isn’t on the menu. With a new baby in the house I find it great to be able to chop everything up while she is napping and have dinner ready when daddy walks in at 6:00.
My motto is, the more veggies the better! I am known for overloading the slowcooker to the point I am mashing it down to close the lid, that many veggies = heaven in my eyes! The more colors the better!
Chic Pea Crock Pot Thai Curry
An easy go to veggie loaded vegetarian main
- 1/2 jar of red thai curry paste
- 1 can chic peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 head of brocoli chopped
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 capsicum/bell peppers, chopped
- 2-3 portebella mushrooms, or a handfull of button mushrooms, sliced
- Handful of basil
Any veggies you have on hand will do, for this rendition I used the following, but bok choy and cauliflower are also great additions.
- Chop and slice all the veggies and toss in the crock pot
- Pour the drained chic peas, coconut milk and curry paste over the top and stir.
- Set the slowcooker on auto for 3-5 hours, stir occassionally.
- Serve with your choice of rice.